from …importer import DynamicImporter
File “/usr/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/gi/importer.py”, line 90
py_version = sys.version_info[3]:
^
i did urpmi task-compiz-stable
Probleem: conflicting requests

• nothing provides ccsm0.8 needed by task-compiz-stable-4.2-2.noarch
  • nothing provides compiz-fusion needed by task-compiz-stable-4.2-2.noarch
  • nothing provides compiz-fusion-plugins-extra needed by task-compiz-stable-4.2-2.noarch
  • nothing provides compiz-fusion-plugins-main needed by task-compiz-stable-4.2-2.noarch
  • nothing provides compiz0.8 needed by task-compiz-stable-4.2-2.noarch

That is confusing. No current version of OpenMandriva uses urpmi. We have not used that for some years now.

Edit: Just checked in ABF our build system and Github where our sources are and ccsm looks like an abandoned package, no activity for 11 years.

openmandriva/ccsm in ABF

openmandriva/ccsm in Github

Current versions of OpenMandriva are available here.

More information available here.

1 Like

Welcome to OpenMandriva community and our forum.

1 Like

i have tha t but you are abel to run urpmi wen you instal it on cooker but i did sudo dnf install olso same reslot

sudo dnf install task-compiz-stable
[sudo] wachtwoord voor alruin:
Laatste metadata-expiratie-check: 3:10:22 geleden op za 04 mrt 2023 21:50:14 CET.
Fout:
Probleem: conflicting requests

• nothing provides ccsm0.8 needed by task-compiz-stable-4.2-2.noarch
  • nothing provides compiz-fusion needed by task-compiz-stable-4.2-2.noarch
  • nothing provides compiz-fusion-plugins-extra needed by task-compiz-stable-4.2-2.noarch
  • nothing provides compiz-fusion-plugins-main needed by task-compiz-stable-4.2-2.noarch
  • nothing provides compiz0.8 needed by task-compiz-stable-4.2-2.noarch
    (probeer ‘–skip-broken’ toe te voegen om niet-installeerbare pakketten over te slaan)

ccsm
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/ccsm”, line 34, in
from gi.repository import Gtk
File “/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/repository/init.py”, line 23, in
from …importer import DynamicImporter
File “/usr/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/gi/importer.py”, line 90
py_version = sys.version_info[3]:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
[alruin@alruin ~]$i only miss 3d dektop kub is there any way to get that without compiz? then it is good enough for my andt you stil can use urmpi after you sudo dnf install urpmi
[sudo] wachtwoord voor alruin:
Laatste metadata-expiratie-check: 3:24:23 geleden op za 04 mrt 2023 21:50:14 CET.
Pakket dnf-URPM-0-0.git20180418.2757451.3.noarch is al geïnstalleerd.
Afhankelijkheden opgelost.
Niets te doen.
Klaar!
instal it lol

That part was telling you that the package is not currently supported. I recommend you talk to developers. Ask your question on OpenMandriva Chat. This is likely to get the fastest response. Users need to be patient on OM Chat, replies can take some time depending on who is active, time zones, ect.

If you want developers to look a resurrecting that package make a package request here.

I recommend you do both of these, “the squeaky wheel gets the grease”. (Aside: Hope that phrase is internatiionally understandable.)

Edit: The package looks like it was dropped becaues it is no longer supported upstream. Is it possible this software is renamed or the support moved somewhere else?

1 Like

@alruin looks like one of our package maintainers was paying attention. You can see if these packages are installable.

https://abf.openmandriva.org/build_lists/228698

If there are any issues you need to let us know what version of OMLx you are using. You can post issues in this forum but you likely will get faster results at OM Chat. Plus you will be speaking directly to person that built these packages or other developers.

Edit: There are compiz (ccsm) packages for znver1 and aarch64 here.

1 Like

Both the ccsm and compiz packages install in Cooker. Beyond that I don’t know much. If I try ccsm from Konsole I get:

$ ccsm
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/gi/importer.py", line 142, in load_module
    introspection_module = get_introspection_module(namespace)
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/gi/module.py", line 257, in get_introspection_module
    module = IntrospectionModule(namespace, version)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/gi/module.py", line 109, in __init__
    repository.require(namespace, version)
gi.RepositoryError: Requiring namespace 'Gdk' version '4.0', but '3.0' is already loaded

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/bin/ccsm", line 36, in <module>
    from gi.repository import GdkX11
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/gi/importer.py", line 144, in load_module
    raise ImportError(e)
ImportError: Requiring namespace 'Gdk' version '4.0', but '3.0' is already loaded

Edit: Looks like compiz will run but is not needed on this system.
Keep in mind I am testing kind of blind due to lack of knowing how to use this software.

If these packages do work they can be built for ROME (rolling) and will be in Rock 5.0 when that happens. Whether they will build for 4.3 I do not know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.