Can't reboot to another distro

Hello,

• OpenMandriva Lx version:

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…):

KDE

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):

When I went to reboot to one of my other partitions so I could report (another) issue, I was informed that the distro I selected was “too old” and would not let me boot that distro. It successfully booted to another distro. The distro in question is from April 2019 and is based on another 2019 distro, so it is NOT “too old”.

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):

Lenovo ThinkPad T430, 500 Gb hard drive partitioned into rough quadrants with a different distro on each partition, all Linux.

That is certainly something I’ve never seen or heard of. Otherwise there is nothing for anyone to work on.

For an easier and quicker way to provide some information you could do this:

$ sudo sh /usr/bin/omv-bug-report.sh

That will create the file ‘omv-bug-report.log.xz’. Attach that to any bug report and also upload that to this thread. That file may have enough so we have something to work on.

I did have a problem with the other distro, and I’ve fixed it, but OM4 is no longer controlling my GRUB so I cannot repeat the issue without reinstalling OM4.

OK, no worries. Besides we know it would be a lot easier to deal with or anyother issues if first get this fixed.