Cant get Steam to work

Hello, I have just installed OpenMandriva Rome on my system.
My desktop is KDE Plasma and I have an nvidia RTX 2070 super and drivers are installed.
I installed steam on my system, however every time I load it I get a message that says glxChooseVisual failed

Now I did try to manually install that it’s looking for, but what the heck do I install here?
I know steam is a 32bit app so how do I get its libraries to install?
What am I missing?
This is so much easier on Ubuntu, the distro I am coming from.
There I just install the .deb and it works, no fuss.

Welcome to OpenMandriva and our forum.

We are a small group. All the contributors and developers here are unpaid volunteers.

You are welcome to talk to our developers at OpenMandriva Chat.

OpenMandriva wiki and Forum Resources guide.

For serious technical issues and package/feature requests please file a bug report here.

Error about

suggesting that nvidia drivers is wrongly installed or it missing 32-bit nvidia lib.

At first, please open plasma setting and go to “about this system”. Now check if you gpu is correctly detected. If you find somethings as “llvmpipe” or "nouveau: this mean that gpu drivers not working or works less functional driver.

I know next to nothing about gaming or steam and am not sure I understand the problem. Maybe this would help.

If it is graphics maybe install proprietary driver:

It would not be a secret that OpenMandriva does not have as many developers involved or the financial resources as Ubuntu. We try to do the best we are able with what we do have. There are advantages to being a small group as well.

Our budget is tight:

Well again I clearly stated that I installed the driver I found that part easy same goes for installing steam on its own as the open mandriva welcome screen helped me out there. I will install the 32-bit driver for NVIDIA and see how that goes I’ll let you guys know

Steam has some bugs, including 32 bit support. It’s a packaging issue and we are looking into it.

Yeah, installing the 32bit version of the nvidia driver did the trick.
But I understand if issues like this happen, it’s fine as long as I know what to do :smiley:

Addendum:

installing the 32bit version of the nvidia driver did the trick

How to:

ROME

$ sudo dnf clean all;dnf clean all;dnf repolist

$ sudo dnf install --enablerepo=rolling-x86_64-non-free nvidia-32bit
or
$ sudo dnf install --enablerepo=rolling-x86_64-non-free nvidia-legacy-32bit

COOKER

$ sudo dnf clean all;dnf clean all;dnf repolist

$ sudo dnf install --enablerepo=cooker-x86_64-non-free nvidia-32bit
or
$ sudo dnf install --enablerepo=cooker-x86_64-non-free nvidia-legacy-32bit

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.