Candidate ISO build 1082

I cannot download all the ISO !!!

Even “wget -c” doesn’t work !!

I have uploaded it in one of our server:
http://test2574/OpenMandrivaLx.3.02-PLASMA.x86_64_B1082.iso
Please check the sums after the download.
This file be removed very soon.

EDIT: removed (2017-06-05 18:40 UTC))

Anyone checked where the links in Calamares point? For “Known Issues” and “Release Notes”?

Edit: I have more on my list but from ISO 1077 not 1082. Will post when I get my “ducks in a row” so to speak.

Postedit:

This was reported for 3.01 (but not fixed), now new links should open 3.02 wiki pages.

Blacky, see if this helps.

Checklist OMLx 3.02 development ISO build 1082

Does iso burns on usb stick - YES -
Does the grub/boot screen appears - YES -
Does the options in grub/boot screen works - YES -

LIVE MODE in VirtualBox
Does autologin for live user works - YES -
Does default graphical desktop shows after autologin - YES -
Does default graphical desktop is useable (basics, like menu, file manager, web browser) - YES -
Plymouth does show up

LIVE MODE in Hardware
Does autologin for user works - YES -
Does default graphical desktop shows after login - YES -
Does default graphical desktop is useable (basics, like menu, file manager, web browser) - YES -
Plymouth does show up

INSTALLED SYSTEM in VirtualBox
Does login for user works - YES -
Plymouth does not show up

INSTALLED SYSTEM in Hardware
Does login for user works - YES -
Plymouth does not show up

INSTALLATION in Hardware
Install did not start from ISO menu

• calamares appears for a short while and suddenly closes
    Install did start from LIVE MODE > Konsole > calamares
  • installation run pretty smooth
    Manual partitioning > Deleted exixting partitions > Re-created 1 partition swap + 1 partition /, file system ext4. Other options as default

Noticed some little flaws, especially in text selection or mouse hover toolbars items.

Attached file omv-bug-report.sh

@TPG @Cooker

omv-bug-report.log.xz (73,8 KB)

2 Likes

Ok Tomek,
I have so far found that Nvidia dkms is broken for kernel 4.11 Bug 2169

I have investigated Bug 2066 which I have now found adequate workarounds I have reduced the severity level of this bug to normal so it will not affect the decision.
Bug 2172 completely breaks kmail because akonadi is not working properly. Probably due to out of date kdepim-core. I consider this to be a blocker for a GO because I suspect it will affect the whole of the kdepin suite.
A separate bug 2171 also relates to the kdepim suite where the x265 libraries are not installed. Although not useful for those using nouveau others will maybe need them.

The problem of Calamares running in standalone mode (outside of the live system) has returned. The previous iso ran intermittently in this mode but with the latest iso I was unable to start it at all.
Perhaps the reversions to the code that crisb did to fix this have somehow sneaked back in. I will file a bug for this but as a preview the only message I could see which may have any meaning is “No protocol found” not very helpful I’m afraid but I will try and get more information on that today and file a bug before I have to leave for London.

I’m sorry you didn’t get these bug notifications earlier but I have only just realised that bugzilla has crisb as the default assignee.

I don’t think that there is anything here that is not sortable but I hope you will agree that we need kdepim and the nVidia drivers (even though they are not FOSS) working properly. The kdepim thing will probably need a respin so maybe we could consider extending the release date a bit as the 2nd June is very difficult for me because it won’t be possible to me to do very much at all that day as it is my sisters funeral. I have to go away this afternoon but will attempt to stay in touch and gather reports.
There may be a few other issues but this is all I have at the moment.

Best,
Colin

Colin Close
itchka@compuserve.com

I am seeing the same behaviour with calamares in stand-alone mode both on live hardware and VBOX.

Fixed

1 Like

Above is FALSE statement. You did not test ISO, but your working system which was wrongly updated.
This bug is not related to ISO so it is not a blocker.

FYI kdepim-core got obsoleted by kmail

x625 is a proprietary software, and can not be installed on ISO.

I do not see a bugreport on issues.openmandriva.org, no logs. You promised it will be a professional report.

Except what rugyada found, about wrong links in calamares, i do not see any BLOCKERS.

It was not a blocker either because even if browser opens 3.0 links in the page/s it’s displayed in a visible box “Link to 3.02 …”
Small issue but not a blocker.

Postedit:

The problem of Calamares running in standalone mode (outside of the live system) has returned.

At that time it happened also in VB. I can say I have installed every development ISOs from main ISO menu without any problem.
In real hw instead I have experienced this issue today when finally I made install for testing ISO candidate in hw. As reported. I attached also omv-bug-report log for more complete documentation on my hw.

1 Like

@rugyada Nothing bad in your logs.
@Colin how i can reproduce that "The problem of Calamares running in standalone mode (outside of the live system) has returned. " ???

What’s meant it that on the ISO “Install” doesn’t work. Calamares window briefly flashes and disappears and after a bit of time system reboots itself. I just double checked this on ISO # 1082 and it’s true “Install” is broken.

Edit: Issues · OpenMandrivaAssociation/distribution · GitHub
Would be excellent if someone could confirm this bug.

About KMail see this thread.

kdenlive is only thing in Application Launcher I have found to be not working. rugyada was kind enough to file a bug report.

1 Like

This bug report indicates that nvidia kernel modules aren’t building. Seems like this may be the only blocker I’m aware of. If it is a blocker?

Anyway sure wish this could be fixed before public release of Lx 3.02.

Full disclosure: I don’t have nVidia hardware so can’t confirm or help on this one. But if nVida users find this to be an issue need to let us know before release not after…

This bug report is not from running iso in live mode.
Iso does not carry nvidia proprietary drivers, so that bug is not related to Iso.

Anyways situation is the same like couple months ago. Nobody cares to make a release, good proof is that QA did not even prepared an announcement.
I’d say that lack of announcement and promotion on social medias is a REAL blocker.
@Qa Still not ready to get things together and make things professional to be able to have releases each 3 months?

Um, really. It sounds like your saying only the ISO matters and is to be tested. That how a system installed from the ISO performs isn’t a relevant part of testing and Quality Assurance? I strongly with prejudice disagree. If what you say is correct I don’t want to be a tester any more.

kdenlive crashes exactly the same in ‘Live’ as it does in an installed system. Seems like a valid bug to me.

I think our users with nVidia hardware might prefer that nvidia kernel modules actually build. But I seem to be in error on a number of things here…

I’m done testing for now.

Edit: Ever post something on the internet and wish you could take it back. Well that last sentence probably should have gone unsaid. Apologies.

Sorry, not sure to fully understand what it means.
Btw this is from live mode.

That’s not fair…

good proof is that QA did not even prepared an announcement.
I’d say that lack of announcement and promotion on social medias is a REAL blocker.

I sent to Council a link to a raw draft asking for further inputs. I’d like to make a great announcement.

1 Like

Please check your e-mail for one titled “OpenMandriva Lx 3.02 announcement draft”.

Edit: And note the date sent.