Bug list for Lx3

Spinner ?? :open_mouth:

$ cd /usr/share/plymouth/themes/
$ ls
details  OpenMandriva  text

Yes it was not installed, so I installed it at first.

Anyway…
be one or another theme, what we need is to test the workaround to see if it’s working in virtualbox machines.

We’ve spent years trying whatsoever came to our minds, just to read “It’s vbox issue”
Of course it is a vbox issue, while running vbox virtual machines :smiley:

Hum, that doesn’t work 100%. I tried without success with an old 2014.0 image (kernel 3.13.11 and plymouth 0.8.9)

why don’t you try on a mandrake 5.2 ? :smile:

With plymouth 0.0.0.1 ?

mandrake 5.2 was released at the end of 1998(my first mdk :heart:)
first plymouth release 2007?

~2007 or ~2008.

(2008 my first mdv :heart:) :grin:

Debian has a package I really love called how-can-i-help how-can-i-help which alert users on which packages need some more maintenance or bug fixes. May be an idea to add a similar feature in OpenMandriva (maybe in mdkonline package) so community can focus on bugs really need to fix first.

Interesting.
But who manages what are the packages that need maintenance and in which way?

mdkonline I think is not suitable. devs hate the perl language and the intention is to replace it with Discover.

QA team may do this.

Who doen’t hate perl? :wink:

In which way are you thinking? something related to bugzilla?

there was a period all hate COBOL.
so I started to program in COBOL, and I bought my house :wink:

I don’t know it exactly; it can be discussed. It was just a proposal.I don’t know how it exactly works on Debian and I don’t think it can be reproduced exactly here. However should be something related to bugzilla, of course.

For sure blocking release bugs (as the ones on top of this topic) should be on the list.

here the problem is that those who attribute the importance of the bugs are the devs and not QA :wink:

Mageia?

:laughing:

Not really meaning to poke a stick at Mageia just that as they are big on developing drakx tools someone there must be a Perl guru.:joy:

Edit: At times I wish we were “more big on” developing drakx tools or that we had someone that could rewrite them. We seem to have neither. So we do something else I guess.

Note that original list in post 1 has been updated.:hushed:

Kickoff menu looks too large at small screen resolution. It looks - how to say… a bit intrusive.
The Application tab shows old ugly icons [1].
Besides giving an “ancient” sensation, from look&feel side it’s not that elegant. Kicker is :wink:

btw, Desktop Sharing Krfb missing icon.

[1] PS> I’m not going to remake the old icons :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: