Are there new builds of OpenMandrivaLx.3.03-PLASMA.x86_64.iso?

Are there new builds of OpenMandrivaLx.3.03-PLASMA.x86_64.iso?

At OpenMandriva Lx - Browse /release/3.03 at SourceForge.net it is of 2017/11/21, but at OpenMandriva Lx - Browse Files at SourceForge.net it is said it was modified at 2018/12/19,

Thanks

1 Like

Just because I created the new (now empty) folder for OMLx 4.0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. The ISO builder is dependent on the package manager used. That has been changed to dnf so it can not build ISOā€™s dependent on urpmi.

Most recent Lx 3.03 x86_64 ISO is here.

The reason to look for another build of OMV LX 3.03 is Iā€™ve not been able to install regular, official and public build of it in a new laptop. Iā€™ve tried the suggested build above and no luck as well.
I intend to use the live version of the system for tests and installation but it always freeze (or takes a long time before respondingā€¦) after defining keyboard features.

The new laptop has a SSD m.2 480GB, a SSHD 1TB (with a 8GB SSD), and an intel optane SSD m.2 memory of 16GB. It is hybrid graphic (Nvidia Geforce 1050Ti) with an intel graphical card.
Tried the original RAID Bios configuration (original) for SSHD and AHCI too. I also tried the suggested blacklist of nouveau as in OMV LX 3.03 Release Notes (rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau in the linux line in booting live CD) but no luck as well.

Processor is a i7 8750H as in a mobo TongFang GI5CN5E.

Iā€™m using a usb for booting after

dd if=OMV.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M

Since after freezing I have no error messages to look at, I donā€™t know what to do.

Maybe this topic would be better in a ā€œsupportā€ topic ā€¦

1 Like

Moved to support and flagged as omlx-303, installation, and booting.

Beyond that you need someone more knowledgeable than I am.

I can say that my desktop has a m.2 Curcial SSD and that has not presented any problems with OM. My guess is more likely itā€™s a BIOS or graphics issue. But Iā€™m just a Linux Monkey. :monkey:

Iā€™

Iā€™m writing this
from OMLX 3.03 in live mode with the build found at OpenMandrivaLx.3.03-PLASMA.x86_64.iso - GoogleĀ Drive. I was able to do it because Iā€™ve found in wiki that I should use not only rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau but also xorg.blacklist=nouveau. Thus, I tthink it could be done with the public version of OMLX 3.03 also. I guess this close this topic since it is already reported at OMLX 3.03 errata. It was my misreading of openmandriva wiki errata ā€¦

I did not proceed to installation yet. Iā€™ll do this soon and report in another topic

Thanks

If any developer find it is interesting to test the public iso version of OMLX 3.03, let me know.

Maybe you would be interested in testing Lx 4.0. There is no way to change anything with Lx 3 ISOā€™s since new ones canā€™t be built so testing is not relevant.

It would make a lot more sense for you to work on this with Lx 4.0. That way if something needs to be changed it can be. Plus it is what developers are working with currently.

Ok.

1 Like

Then if you have problems/questions consider going straight to IRC #openmandriva-cooker @ Freenode and talk directly to developers.

Also if you havenā€™t already do internet search or ā€˜Linux partitioning Intel Optaneā€™ or ā€˜Linux and Intel Optaneā€™.

Letā€™s close this thread and continue any discussion related to Intel Optane here.

The short answer to the title of this thread is no. Because it is not longer possible.