A repository problem

I guess this does not deserve filing a bug:

[MIRROR] busybox-static-1.30.0-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm: Interrupted by header callback: Server reports Content-Length: 572 but expected size is: 1236200
[FAILED] busybox-static-1.30.0-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm: No more mirrors to try - All mirrors were already tried without success       
(160-161/747): aspell-0.60.7-0.rc1.2-omv4000.x 11% [=====                                         ] 417 kB/s |  71 MB     22:34 ETA
1 Like

As we are using Cooker repos it is always a good idea to just wait and try to update again later. One thing that is common in Cooker as opposed to “regular” or “stable release” repos is that everything is open to being worked on so this may be a result of a large group of package rebuilds that is still WIP (Work In Progress).

Why this does not happen in release repositories is because this work is done in testing repo and then when complete and, tested by QA-Team, packages are then moved to update repo.

To paint a picture for an x86_64 system:

In Cooker we have only these repos in use:

main/release

When repos are split for OM Lx 4.0 we will have:

main/release, main/updates, and main/testing

So we have ways to isolate users from some problems like this.

This is one reason why the “Official Policy” is and has been going back to Mandrake that user using Cooker should also have some other stable system to do day to day work for when Cooker breaks. And Cooker will break at some point when you least expect it.

Note: In OM Lx 4.0 only main repo is enabled by default. Using non-free, restricted, or unsupported/contrib requires the user to enable them and be responsible for knowing what they are doing.

1 Like

Today, there are 826 packages to update and, again the same message,

[MIRROR] busybox-static-1.30.0-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm: Interrupted by header callback: Server reports Content-Length: 572 but expected size is: 1236200
[FAILED] busybox-static-1.30.0-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm: No more mirrors to try - All mirrors were already tried without success

How are you updating? What command if from Konsole? When user only post part of what is going on it is difficult to problem solve. Have you run?

$ dnf clean all

$ sudo dnf clean all

Then run this and post the log here as a file.

$ sudo dnf --refresh upgrade 2>&1 | tee konsole_01-update.log

Why are you getting any kind of message about a mirror? We don’t have a mirror manager in play yet. I have not seen such an error so I don’t know about that. Maybe dnf just posts the error that way.

busybox-static-1:1.30.0-1 installs just fine here.

If none of the above works you can try rebuilding rpmdb and then repeat all the above commands in order.

Hard to say. This is a default package and no one else is reporting any problem installing updates of this package. (As Far As I Know or AFAIK.)

Plus the issue is not installing it but downloading it according to your error message hence I think what is needed is these commands:

$ dnf clean all

$ sudo dnf clean all

After,

$ dnf clean all

the command,

$ dnf --refresh update

went fine.

There has been a problem with cdrao which I could not annotate to report.

Thanks