Window empty

I just installed OMV Lx 3 64 bit in a quite old pc. Installation went well but after restart several windows are completely empty. OM Welcome opens but it’s completely white. Same for Networks manager: pressing icon in system tray windows opens but it’s completely white, nothing inside.
Or device notification window: when inserting an usb stick windows opens but it’s completely white.

I need to set network connections. Is there a command line to open “Connection Editor” window?
Old command line “nm-connection-editor” seems not working anymore.

same thing if you login with lxqt?

In LXQt:
OM Welcome is still white and empty.
Device notification seems working but it seems different from device notification in KDE.

Does this PC have enough memory? Try set video driver with XFdrake? Problem like this would be easier to trouble shoot if we had more specific information.

https://forum3.openmandriva.org/t/how-to-get-better-results-when-posting-about-problems/644

[quote=“ben79, post:4, topic:739”]
Does this PC have enough memory? Try set video driver with XFdrake? Problem like this would be easier to trouble shoot if we had more specific information.
[/quote]I opened bug 1916 before this thread but I forgot to mention it. There you’ll find omv-bug-report with all information you need. And I hope to get useful answer to solve the problem.
In the meantime I asked here about a command line to open “Connection Editor” window to set a network connection. Without it I’m completely blocked and I can’t use that pc.

About memory I think this pc has 3 GB RAM.

What’s XFdrake? I tried to change video driver in OMCC but using Vesa stopped completely pc, no way to open OMCC and I had to reinstall.

For network connection try these:

$ nm-online
$ nmtui
$ nmtui-edit
$ nmtui-connect
$ nmtui-hostname
$ nmcli

Let us know if any of the above do what you need.

XFdrake is the DrakX video configuration tool which you can access either through OM-Welcome (looks like you did) or the Control Center.

Yeah, more like all the information a developer would need. While I am on QA-Team and try to help people I’m just a user and a lot of problems are over my head. I do try to help though.

1 Like

Tried command line and nm-tui is a basic text interface (may be nm-tui is acronym of network manager text user interface). With these commands I make a new connection with with right settings and now I can install packages and use internet.
Then browsing the net I found the command line to open Connection Editor gui:
kde5-nm-connection-editor
that’s old command line “nm-connection-editor” with kde5 added. This window is more user friendly and allow set and manage connections.

[quote=“ben79, post:7, topic:739”]
I do try to help though.
[/quote]I know, thanks a lot.

1 Like