Very few updates

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f2e207788a0>

Since longtemps I see very few updates, probably around 5 per week or so.
Is it correct? Or may be my repositories are not enough or incorrect?

• OpenMandriva Lx version: 4

• Desktop environment: KDE

Excellent question.

Not unusual. In order to better protect the stability of the stable branch of OpenMandriva it will not receive as many updates as we saw formerly. As I understand it this is because we freeze all system and tool-chain packages for stable releases now.

The Release Plan is described in more detail here.

The plan is for major upgrades to occur with new releases.

My understanding is that if users are using Rock repositories at some point the Rock repos will automatically switch to the new “stable” release repos and users at that time will see a major upgrade of 100’s or more packages. Which reminds me of a question I need to ask developers:

Will there be some notification when Rock repos switch from 4.0 release to 4.1 release so users aren’t surprised or shocked by a sudden upgrade of 100’s of packages at once? (When I get an answer either I or someone will post the answer here.)

We are currently in the very last steps of getting ready to build ISO’s of the OM Lx 4.1 Alpha Release. Which of course we will also announce on this forum in Announcements and Communications.

Thanks for answer.
Anyway it could be useful to know which repositories are necessary and which are useful, just to be sure that all relevant ones are enabled.

[ruru@ruru-omlx4 ~]$ sudo dnf clean all;dnf clean all;dnf repolist
0 file rimossi
10 file rimossi
OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64                                                                   10 MB/s |  12 MB     00:01    
OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64 - Updates                                                        2.3 MB/s | 1.1 MB     00:00    
id repo                                           nome repo                                                           stato
rock-updates-x86_64                               OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64 - Updates                                   503
rock-x86_64                                       OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64                                          15.662
[ruru@ruru-omlx4 ~]$

What @rugyada posts is the minimum required. And also the default on our ISO’s and on installed system.

To be practical and realistic for most users and for maximum availability of packages:

$ dnf repolist
OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64                                                                                                                                   2.8 MB/s |  12 MB     00:04    
OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64 - Updates                                                                                                                         526 kB/s | 1.1 MB     00:02    
OpenMandriva Rock - Unsupported - x86_64                                                                                                                     1.9 MB/s |  11 MB     00:05    
OpenMandriva Rock - Unsupported - x86_64 - Updates                                                                                                           150 kB/s | 251 kB     00:01    
OpenMandriva Rock - Restricted - x86_64                                                                                                                       93 kB/s | 140 kB     00:01    
OpenMandriva Rock - Restricted - x86_64 - Updates                                                                                                            414  B/s | 344  B     00:00    
OpenMandriva Rock - Non-free - x86_64                                                                                                                        109 kB/s | 161 kB     00:01    
OpenMandriva Rock - Non-free - x86_64 - Updates

In other words exactly the same as was Mandriva except contrib repo is renamed unsupported.

Important note: Restricted repos contains packages with patents and/or licenses that may make the packages illegal in some countries.

using rugyada command I get same 8 repos then my repos should be ok. Thanks.