The eid-mw and eid-viewer packages in the OpenMandrivaLx3.03 repository need to be updated

Hello,

• OpenMandriva Lx version: 3.03

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…): KDE

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):
    The software in the eid-mw and eid-viewer packages is used for user identification when you visit a Belgian government website.
    When using the firefox browser the Belgium eID add-on has to be installed in firefox to perform the identification on the wbsites. This Belgium eID add-on usses the eid-mw and eid-viewer packages to perform its tasks.
    The newest firefox used by OpenMandrivaLx3,03 requests the latest version of the Belgium eID add-on and this add-on needs the latest version of the eid-mw and eid-viewer packages

Question: Is it possible to update the eid-mw and eid-viewer packages in the OpenMandrivaLx3.03 repository?

Regards,
Albert

1 Like

Was it ever working before now?

See also this.

Hello Ben,

The installed eid-mw and eid-viewer packages in the OpenMandrivaLx3.03 repository are working fine (I tested them). With the proper card-reader and the viewer I can readout the information on my Belgium ID-card and change the pin-code.

To make it work the following additional packages are needed:

• acr38u (64bit)
  • lib64acr38u0 (64bit)
  • lib64acr38u-devel.
  • ccid (64bit)
  • lib64pcsclite-devel (64bit).

All available in the OpenMandrivaLx3.03 repository.

To identify yourself on a government website via firefox the Belgium eID add-on is needed. I installed it but it complains that eid-mw and eid-viewer are outdated.

This complete set-up works fine under OpenMandrivaLx 2014.2. I still use it.

This is the URL: eID software | Download and install the eID software for electronic identity

Regards,
Albert

1 Like

A Package request bug report is the best way to get a package in need of updating updated. Or to get a new package added to repos. Bug reports are always a better way to get attention of developers than a forum post. A forum post may be seen by devs or it may be missed completely.

FWIW: If I go no IRC and ask developers about things like this (and I do) one of the first questions asked will be where is the bug report?

ready
https://abf.openmandriva.org/build_lists/239698
http://abf-downloads.openmandriva.org/3.0/container/239698/x86_64/contrib/release/

it is already published and should be available soon in all mirrors

And so at least one developer did read your post. Glad it worked out this way. Thanks @fedya.

Maybe my statement should change to “If you post in the forum a package or update request and don’t get a response in a few days or a week then file package request bug report”?

(Live and learn, the travails of a Linux Monkey) :monkey:

Hello Fedya, Ben,

I installed the 5 packages in
http://abf-downloads.openmandriva.org/3.0/container/239698/x86_64/contrib/release/

• eid-mw-4.4.5-1-omv2015.0.x86_64.rpm
  • eid-viewer-4.4.5-1-omv2015.0.x86_64.rpm
  • lib64beidpkcs11_0-4.4.5-1-omv2015.0.x86_64.rpm
  • lib64eid-viewer-devel-4.4.5-1-omv2015.0.x86_64.rpm
  • lib64eidviewer0-4.4.5-1-omv2015.0.x86_64.rpm

I started the eid-viewer in a terminal window and got the following error:

$ eid-viewer
eid-viewer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libeidviewer.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZTV28ToXmlMemberOfFamilyConvertor
$

Regards,
Albert

1 Like

Post-edit: By the way thanks for reporting this.

@fedya would be who we need to correct this.

looking

2 Likes

fixed, upstream bug. Package should be ready in our repos in 10 minutes.

1 Like

Hello Fedya

Did you save the fix in Index of /3.0/container/239698/x86_64/contrib/release/

I’m afraid the site is offline.

Regards,
Albert

DOnt know if fix is here but ABF is down. Try mirror. Maybe this: Index of /mirror/openmandriva.org/3.0/repository/x86_64/contrib/updates

You can find mirror list here: the status of OMA mirrors

Hello,

Many thanks, it works like a charm.

Here is what I did, from the URL http://ftp.vectranet.pl/mirror/openmandriva.org/3.0/repository/x86_64/contrib/updates/ I downloaded the following rpm’s

lib64beidpkcs11_0-4.4.5-2-omv2015.0.x86_64.rpm
lib64eidviewer0-4.4.5-2-omv2015.0.x86_64.rpm
eid-mw-4.4.5-2-omv2015.0.x86_64.rpm
eid-viewer-4.4.5-2-omv2015.0.x86_64.rpm
lib64eid-viewer-devel-4.4.5-2-omv2015.0.x86_64.rpm

and installed them in the given sequence.

I rebooted and connected my usb card reader loaded with my ID card. I started the eid-viewer and was able to read out the card.

Finally I opened firefox and installed the Belgium eID add-on

Note: The add-on has to be configured before it can be used in firefox. The configuration instructions can be found on this URL Log in with eID | eID software

I think this software can be moved to it’s offical location.

Regards,
Albert

I reckon we can close this one.