The best, until OpenMandriva does better: released OMLx 4.0

OMG it’s pubical nate. There’s a half hour of jokes there for sure.

Nice review though.

Tss, tss … :wink:

I started and introduced on Mandrake when I was working as Windows Developer of that year 2001, AMD Duron 900Mhz desktop with free CD Mandrake OS on it. By that time Windows OS was very expensive to purchase and all computer shops can not avail expensive OS.

I attempted to install Redhat workstation ver 5.2 CDs (3 CD) to install on my new desktop(AMD Duron 900 MHz), unfortunately, failed to recognized my sound card built based on the current packages on CDs. I tried the Mandrake, and works like a charm. I even played with Wine emulator on Mandrake to work Windows network games (Counter Strike, Battle Realms, RAGNAROK), including CUPS(HP / canon Drivers) /SAMBA(Windows/Linux/Unix file sharing + motorola 56Kpbs modems) it all work like a charm (i do not recommend hub switch that time though).

Now, I am happy that again Mandrake now alive from which I all started on kernel modifications (compile, recompile etc.)

I hope I can join and help as much as energy I have, to build, to share and be inspire the simplicity of OpenMandriva. I will be looking ahead for the progress and inspirations.

Hi @hokageYondaime, welcome to our forum.
We cannot say that Mandrake is now alive, stricto sensu. But we try to keep the spirit of the former distro and I hope you’ll enjoy our work.
Everybody is welcome to help in any way.

1 Like