[SOLVED] Issue with Lx 3.0

Hy,

I have installed Lx 3.0 64 bits on my desktop.
I have a nVidia Quadro FX 4600 with two monitors.

Issue with the nvidia340 proprietary driver.
To let it works I have to modified …
/etc/nvidia340/modprobe.conf

blacklist nouveau
options nouveau modeset=0
install nvidia /sbin/modprobe nvidia340 $CMDLINE_OPTS

Rename the original /usr/lib64/xorg/extenstions/libglx.so file.
Create symbolic links:
/usr/lib64/xorg/extenstions/libglx.so -> /usr/lib64/xorg/extra-modules/libglx.so
/usr/lib64/xorg/drivers/nvidia_drv.so -> /usr/lib64/xorg/extra-modules/nvidia_drv.so
/usr/lib64/xorg/libnvidia-wfb.so -> /usr/lib64/xorg/extra-modules/ libnvidia-wfb.so.1

Even after the recent update!!!

Issue with the system tray icons.
When I lock the ‘Widgets’, after a login/reboot the system tray icons are gone (invisible).

MauRice

Did you install drivers with XFdrake?

To access XFDrake, the DrakX video configuration tool go to Om-Welcome>Configure>Configure video drivers or go to Configure your Computer>Hardware>Set up the graphical server.

Yes Ben.
The driver is installed through MCC.
After the first reboot no GUI.
With Ctrl+Alt+F2 and login in CMDI.
I check which kernel-module are loaded.
The ‘nouveau’ was still loaded and not the ‘nvidia’.

It’s a pitty that I have to make changes to prevet to load the ‘nouveau’ kernel-module.
Point to the right ‘libglx.so’ and ‘nvidia_drv’ for X-org to start the GUI.
Especially for those that are’t an expert in problem solving.
With OMV2014 (and other disro’s) I had no issue.

MauRice

Thanks for reporting the problem and a great big thanks for reporting how you have been resolving it.

Our graphics support isn’t strong. This is one of many problems with an all volunteer organization. An organization without enough developers and package maintainers. There are already a few bugs with this. Here’s one:

https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1935

If you search our bugzilla you’ll find others. If you have the ability to help with things like this we need the help.

No thanks you are welcome Ben.

Please mark the solving post, even if it’s your own, so to help other people find the right solution. Thanks :wink: