[SOLVED] Can't open "Install & Remove Programs"

My newest problem that has occured is that Install & Remove Programs won’t open. If I try to open it in Konsole with the command kdesu rpmdrake I get the following:

_IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host localhost
_IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host localhost
Qt: Session management error: Could not open network socket
No X authentication info set for display “:0”

What might be the problem? I have installed Lx 3 x86_64 and installed all updates.

Regards.

Why is your localhost non-local. There must be something different from a generic install. Would be helpful to have more information. How did you set up partitions, what type of storage device?
See also:

https://forum3.openmandriva.org/t/how-to-get-better-results-when-posting-about-problems/644

Also could you post, as code </>, output of ‘cat /etc/release’, ‘cat /etc/hosts’, and ‘inxi -F’.

Thank you guys for the help in #openmandriva-cooker. You solved my problem my commenting out “localhost” in /etc/hostname and typing in another name I wanted for my system. Thank you VERY much!

EDIT: This seemed to affect other programs too that wanted to use kdesu .

1 Like

Could you post the exact contents of that file before and after changing, as code? Thanks in advance.

/etc/hostname was:

localhost

I changed it to:

openmandriva38

That was the only content in that file.

Hi ben79. Do you still want the outputs of ‘cat /etc/release’, ‘cat /etc/hosts’, and ‘inxi -F’? I am not at my OpenMandriva installation right now but will post it as soon as I am.