OpenMandrivaLx-3.02 Release. A BIG thank you

A big thank you to everyone who participated in the creation of this fine
release. Singled out for particular mention are:-
TPG for it’s creation, rugyada (ably assisted by ashledombos) for managing the
release process and creating trhe announcement. ben79 for tireless and patient
testing of isos, fedya for help in getting the iso_builder working and finally
bero for technical lead and fixing the the things that no-one else could fix.
A big effort for so few.
Colin

Colin Close
President OpenMandriva

8 Likes

Thank you too @Colin your involvement in the bug fixing process and iso improvement has been huge.

And thanks Chwido whithout whom nothing would have been possible :dog:

https://forum3.openmandriva.org/t/a-proud-scion-of-name-openmandriva-lx-3-02-release/1261?u=raphael

4 Likes

We did it again. Thank you all for your effort. Now it is time to start to focus on 3.03 release :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks to everyone from me too – one question that’s coming up now is do we actually want a 3.03 release or should we shift towards 3.1? Cooker is working well these days, if we can get the couple of remaining “X doesn’t install because Y has been updated and X hasn’t been rebuild” type issues, and maybe get the hopelessly outdated perl up to the modern world, it may be a good time to make another release based on Cooker.

6 Likes

Organization, communication, responsiveness, collaboration, synchronization, as well as high skill each one on his field of competence made the release process flawless.

I am very proud of the final result and would like to thank everyone involved, not only in the release process but also those who contributed sharing the path to the success.

3 Likes

Adding my thanks to everyone involved. An amazing effort by such a small group. Well done.

2 Likes

@bero I’d suggest to keep 3.0x as a “stable” release. There is nothing against to prepare 3.1 release, but I’d call it “experimental”

3 Likes

Makes sense to this QA-Team person.

3 Likes