OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 - Get it while it's hot!

He’s reviewing Lx 3.00 isn’t he? kernel 4.6.5 Plasma 5.6.5. Doh!!! :roll_eyes:

Edit: Also yet another example of why we should have separate Plasma5 ISO and LXQt ISO. That does not excuse incompetence on the part of this reviewer.

More OpenMandriva is based on ROSA fud. We have a tremendous opportunity to gain some publicity by correcting incorrect versions of our history. But IMO this needs to be done by the President or Council.

One question I have on this issue is when we got the “Mandriva code” back from ROSA after Mandriva SA went bankrupt and they lost the code what was it really. Was it a version of ROSA or was it the actual code ROSA got from Mandriva SA? That would make a difference in any article attempting to correct this history.

No disrespect or anything negative meant towards ROSA this is not their fault to my knowledge.

He says that he downloaded the iso from our torrents. I just check the 3.03 torrent and it is ok.

That’s why we asked to get rid of old versions at SF and in our torrents folder.

Regardless of what he says he is testing Lx 3.0. And watching him try to change desktop wallpaper…
A reviewer should know more than that. KDE/Plasma is not an obscure desktop it is arguably the most used desktop in Linux. The way we change wallpaper on desktop is not changed since KDE 4 at least and if I remember correctly even KDE 3. I stand by my comment:

Not quite correct.
We OpenMandriva Association got the Mandriva - formerly called Mandrake - code in 2012. Not after or because of Mandriva SA bankruptcy.

3 Likes

The point is from whom did we get the code Mandriva SA? I thought the source of this whole issue is that the Mandriva code was miss-placed in 2012 or lost and we had to get code from ROSA to make 2013. But that that code was the original Mandriva code not a version of ROSA that was then made into OM 2013.

I think I know that none of our developers consider OpenMandriva 2013 to be based on ROSA but rather OM 2013 is based directly on Mandriva code.

Edit: Again this is a tremendous opportunity to create some positive publicity if we can get the proper pooh bahs to do it. But it needs to be pooh bahs to have necessary impact. We could explore getting a quote on this from someone from the then Mandriva SA.

Edit: There is a document somewhere stating that the code for Mandriva desktop should go from Mandriva SA to OpenMandriva isn’t there? The same document authorizing a “community distribution”. My memory, I wish it were more accurate on this.

Mandriva invited several contributors for the community/foundation kickstart (even before the association was created) in 2012. What is fun is that most of them are not here anymore, and most people from our team were not there, except Bero and me)

At this first meeting Vladimir Rubanov was present, and he promoted ABF and suggested us to use it (it really was a suggestion), which was accepted by people at the meeting, who were initially technically involved.

At this time, Mandriva 2011 was already out and sharing parts of code with Rosa.

After the creation of OM Association, 25th december 2012 if I’m correct, (by myself technically, but with the full benediction and support of Mandriva SA), the CEO paid the travel to Matthew Dawkins from Denver to Paris a second time for the specific purpose of migrating the code from Mandriva’s servers to our own servers, under my request.

So I can testify that since the very beginning, OpenMandriva is the continuity of Mandriva 2011 (which itself included parts of code from Rosa, but Rosa Linux was taking a lot of code from Mandriva too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks that is the kind of historical accuracy I was looking for (not my own memory) and IMO the kind of thing we need to use in publicity campaign to explain why we at OpenMandriva believe we are not a fork of ROSA (at all) but a continuation of Mandriva/Mandrake.

I can’t help but wonder though how folks at ROSA see this issue. Does anyone here know?

3 Likes

In Brazil, some sites wrote that OpenMandriva would be based on Rosa, which is not correct.
It was very important this clarification of @raphael , so that we can say that OpenMandriva has always been based on Mandriva, OpenMandriva is the continuity of Mandriva 2011.

3 Likes

As reminder, the license we got from Mandriva was clear on this point:

1. Mandriva SA by this license gives the association OpenMandriva

a) a non-exclusive and irrevocable worldwide license, without any right to royalties (“royalty-free”), to reproduce, prepare, publicly display, publicly run, distribute, give sub-licenses within association and outside, and create derivative works of the software and derivative releases in the form of source code and binary code

b) a worldwide non-exclusive, without any right to payment of royalties (“royalty-free”), for private use, public, distribute, publicly display the name “Mandriva” only in conjunction with the name “Open” as the new brand name used by the association in OpenMandriva software products, published documents and public events is “Open Mandriva.” Any use of the Mandriva brand alone without Open, or logos owned by Mandriva SA. is excluded from this license.

2 Likes

The video has been removed.

Openmandriva Lx 3.03… Nice!

by Mandriva Linux Chronicles

Thanks for the review.

1 Like

OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 Final

Bu sürüm Lx 3.03, önceki Lx 3 sürümlerine yapılan bir yenileme ve yükseltmedir.
Bununla beraber bu kadar hızlı aslında daha bazen daha hızlı olduğunu, eskisinden de daha hızlı açılış alırsınız BIOS !
Hatta canlı görüntü öncekine göre daha hızlı önyüklenir.
Donanım seviyesinde, 4.13.12 sürümünde ve systemd 234’te güncel bir çekirdek var ve grafik yığını mesa 17.2.3’ün S3TC desteği etkin ve xorg 1.19.5 ile birlikte.
Ana masaüstü ortamımız KDE Plasma 5.10.5 ve Çerçeveler 5.39 olarak güncellendi.
Yeni Firefox Quantum 57 de dahil olmak üzere, bu sürümle birlikte olan her şey, LLVM / clang 5.0.0 ile derlendi
Bu sürüm, 3.x serisinin sonuncusu olacak ve i586’yı en son destekleyecek. Önümüzdeki önemli sürümümüz için bizi takip edin.
Bir sonraki bülümde wine32 gibi uygulamalar i586 kütüphaneleri sağlayarak desteklenecek.
Bunun OpenMandriva 2014’ün desteğinin sona erdiğinin farkına varıyoruz ve bazıları için güzel bir sürüm olduğu için üzgün bir gün olacak. Gerçi üzülme; Gee Whiz Linux dünyasında bize katılın ve Lx 3.03’ü yükleyin.
Sonra bilgisayarınızın zamanı " Gee Whiz o kadar da şaşırtıcı değil! “Ve elbette tek vesileyle” Gee Whiz, neden $% ^ * & bu çalışmaya başlamadı, geçen hafta çalıştı? "
Hepsi bu Linux ve daha bir çok şey.
Bu sürümün sorunsuz geçeceğini umuyoruz ancak herhangi bir soruna girerseniz, diğer kullanıcılarla iletişim kurabilir ve forumda yardım alabilirsiniz veya bir hata dosyası gönderebilirsiniz .
Her zaman olduğu gibi yüklemeden önce sürüm notlarımızı okuyun.
Şeref bizim bırakma yöneticisine kaynaklanmaktadır ÜFA yukarı bizim iletişim hizmetlerini tutmak ve çalıştırmak için altyapı takımına nihayet bu sürüm ve test etmek onların zaman verdi herkese, sağlıklı yapı çiftlik tutmak için Fedya için.
Lütfen burada katkıda bulunarak gayretlerini kabul edin [1] [2]
Bu sürüm hakkında ayrıntılı bilgi OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 Sürüm Notları’nda bulunabilir .
Tüm sorunlar Bugzilla Issue Tracker’da ele alınmalıdır .
Kaynaklarımız github.com’da Github OpenMandrivaAssociation’da bulunabilir .

Translation courtesy of tnctr.com
Thanks.

Выпуск дистрибутива OpenMandriva Lx 3.03

Доступен выпуск дистрибутива OpenMandriva Lx 3.03. Проект развивается силами сообщества после того как компания Mandriva S.A. передала управление проектом в руки некоммерческой организации “OpenMandriva Association”. Дистрибутив примечателен использованием по умолчанию компилятора Clang, инсталлятором на базе проекта Calamares и наличием пользовательского окружения LXQt. Для загрузки предлагается Live-сборка размером 2.3 Гб (x86_64, i586).

Из изменений в OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 отмечается проведение работы по сокращению времени загрузки, как для стационарно установленных систем, так и для Live-сборок. Обновлены версии программ: KDE Plasma 5.10.5, KDE Applications 17.04.0, X.org Server 1.19.5, Wayland 1.14.0, Mesa 17.2.3, ядро Linux 4.13.12, systemd 234, LLVM/clang 5.0.0, gcc 7.2.1_2017.10, glibc 2.26, LibreOffice 5.4.3, Qupzilla 2.2.1, Firefox 57.0, SMPlayer 17.10.2, VLC 2.2.4. OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 заявлен как последний выпуск с поддержкой архитектуры i586, в дальнейшем сборки будут формироваться только для 64-разрядных систем.

Article courtesy of OpenNET
Thanks.

1 Like

Rilasciata OpenMandriva Lx 3.03

OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 è un miglioramento e aggiornamento delle precedenti versioni di Lx 3. Il tempo di avvio è ancora più veloce di prima, a volte è più veloce del BIOS. Anche l’immagine in modalità live si avvia più rapidamente.

A livello hardware si trova il kernel aggiornato a 4.13.12, systemd 234, mesa 17.2.3 con supporto S3TC abilitato e xorg 1.19.5.

Il nostro ambiente desktop principale KDE Plasma 5.10.5 e KDE Frameworks 5.39. Tutto in questa release, incluso il nuovo Firefox Quantum 57, è compilato con LLVM/clang 5.0.0.0

OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 sarà l’ultima della serie 3.x e anche l’ultima a supportare l’architettura i586.
Nella prossima release le applicazioni come wine32 saranno supportate da librerie i586.

Confidiamo che questa release sia senza grandi problemi, ma in caso di necessità è possibile contattare altri utenti e ottenere aiuto al forum o compilare un bugreport. Come sempre si prega di leggere le nostre note di rilascio prima dell’installazione.

Complimenti al nostro release manager TPG, a fedya per mantenere la nostra build factory in buona salute, a tutti coloro che hanno dedicato il loro tempo nel difficile compito del testing e al nostro Infra Team che si prende cura dei nostri servizi di comunicazione. Se potete, riconoscete il loro impegno contribuendo qui [1] [2].

Informazioni dettagliate su questa release sono disponibili in OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 Release Notes. Tutte gli eventuali problemi riscontrati dovrebbero essere segnalati presso il nostro Bugzilla Issue Tracker. I nostri sorgenti si trovano su github. com Github OpenMandrivaAssociation.

1 Like

Lancement d’OpenMandriva Lx 3.03

OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 est une amélioration et une mise à jour des versions précédentes de Lx 3. Le temps de démarrage est encore plus rapide qu’auparavant, parfois plus rapide même que le BIOS. L’iso live démarre également plus rapidement.

Au niveau matériel, vous trouverez le noyau mis à jour vers la version 4.13.12, systemd 234, mesa 17.2.3 avec support S3TC et xorg 1.19.5.

Notre environnement de bureau principal KDE Plasma a été mis jour vers la version 5.10.5. Il en est de même avec les Frameworks 5.39. Tout ce qui se trouve dans cette version, y compris le nouveau Firefox Quantum 57, est compilé avec LLVM/clang 5.0.0.

OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 sera la dernière de la série 3.x et aussi la dernière à supporter l’architecture i586. Dans la prochaine version, des applications telles que wine32 seront supportées par la mise à disposition des bibliothèques i586.

Nous espérons que cette mouture sera sans problème, mais si nécessaire vous pouvez contacter d’autres utilisateurs et obtenir de l’aide sur le forum ou ouvrir un rapport de bugs. Comme toujours, veuillez lire nos notes de mise à jour avant l’installation.

Félicitations à TPG notre responsable logiciel, à Fedya pour le maintien d’ABF en bon état de fonctionnement, à tous ceux qui ont passé leur temps dans la tâche difficile de tester et à notre équipe Infra qui s’occupe nos services de communication. Si vous le pouvez, vous pouvez supporter leurs efforts en contribuant ici [1] [2].

Vous trouverez des informations détaillées sur cette version dans OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 Release Notes. Tout problème rencontré doit être signalé à notre système de suivi Bugzilla. Nos sources sont disponibles sur github.com Github OpenMandrivaAssociation.

2 Likes

OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 First Impressions

by Tyler’s Tech

Thanks for the video.

1 Like

Product Review - OpenMandriva Lx 3.03

by Backyard I.T

Thanks for the video.

1 Like

I’ll activate the translation system for people who want to translate blog posts, at least for supported languages (in forum) and link the article translations to their respective news category, just after I’ve finished the upgrade of Discourse.

5 Likes

Someone just liked my latest comment which brought this topic to my eyes :sweat_smile:

In fact the plugin is here but not activated. The fact it’s linked with google or bing translate makes me uncomfortable. What do you other think?