No more mouse configurations in system-settings after last update

Hello,

OMV-3.03

KDE after last update (july, 14, 2018)

After last update, my mouse configuration as a lefthanded user was unset.

I could no longer find the option for mouse (I’ve found touchpad instead) configuration in system-settings.

Isn’t there something lacking? How do I change my mouse buttons back to that for a lefthanded person?

Thanks

As a workaround that may not hold every new login, I’ve found,

$ xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1"

Easy but why not having this at systemsettings5 any more?

Edit .bashrc to include that command and having a lefthanded mouse every new login.

Now, every time I open a konsole I get the warning:

Warning: Only changing the first 3 of 10 buttons.

OpenMandriva syndrome: User updates system and something happens or breaks and they post in forum but the user does not tell us what packages were updated.

I don’t understand this. If it were a difficult thing to do I could understand but it’s easy to do.

:gorilla:

Anyway it is probably either an upstream bug or the bug occurred with OpenMandriva packaging.

So one could do some research on the internet and see if it is upstream. I think I saw this in both openSUSE and Manjaro but can’t check till in the morning. If so that would indicate an upstream bug.

If is is determined to not be upstream then talk to our hardworking developers either in this thread or in a bug report. Or even better at #openmandriva-cooker on Freenode IRC.

:speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

this was a missing dep on plasma-desktop - fixed in 3omv

2 Likes

Yes, I got these packages from Main-testing repos today:

$ rpm -qa --last
plasma-desktop-5.12.6-3-omv2015.0.x86_64      Mon 16 Jul 2018 03:35:18 PM CDT
lib64kfontinstui5-5.12.6-3-omv2015.0.x86_64   Mon 16 Jul 2018 03:35:18 PM CDT
lib64kfontinst5-5.12.6-3-omv2015.0.x86_64     Mon 16 Jul 2018 03:35:18 PM CDT

and the Mouse configuration in SystemSettings5>Input Devices>Mouse is back.
Thanks @crisb.