New Cooker ISO's (Updated 2020-11-26)

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fddeefed2a0> #<Tag:0x00007fddeefed1d8> #<Tag:0x00007fddeefed110>

Updated 2020-11-26

After 3 rounds of mass building of Cooker main/release repository we made some new Cooker ISO’s.

Cooker x86_64 ISO

Cooker zenver1 ISO

The following is my report of what I have found so far in testing these:

1. Both ISO’s booted with EFI enabled, and installed in VirtualBox.

2. Software Repository Selector seems to be broken. I find that it is stuck saying that user has “Release” channel when actually it should be “Cooker”. Also I was not able to get the Software Repository Selector to actually change the repository channel. (This issue needs a bug report filed. I’ll do it when I have more time.)

3. This is a catch all bug report that is designed to have a list of all known issues that need to be fixed for OM Lx 4.2.

After a mass rebuild of an entire repository there is always some package fixing so there will be more issues. I suspect especially there may be issues with packages with various python dependencies.

If you find any problem it is best to file a bug report. Alternatively you could open a new thread in Development Testing forum. :thinking:

As of new ISO’s # 3610, 3611, and 3612 this issue has been corrected. (The ISO’s linked in 1st post above do not have this issue.)

There was a bug user might needs to know about to install from older ISO’s. ISO’s from # 3598 to 3609 were affected by this.

If you try to open Calamares you will see:

You will need to edit /etc/calamares/modules/users.conf. You want to change the 3rd line from:

- users

To:

- name: users

So it looks like this:

And now you should see this when you open Calamares:

The problem with EFI boot in VirtualBox discussed in post #1 Problem #1 is now fixed.

If you find any problem it is best to file a bug report . Alternatively you could open a new thread in Development Testing forum. :thinking:

First post updated with new ISO’s 2020-11-26, also the post was edited to remove some issues that have since been corrected. Yeah, we keep fixing things when we can where we can. :wink: We are sure there will be more things that come up before final release of OM Lx 4.2. We will do our best to correct anything reported.

If you find any problem it is best to file a bug report . Alternatively you could open a new thread in Development Testing forum. :thinking: