Loggoff does not works

Here OMV LX 3.0 updated (kernel 4.10.1).

Noticed that when a user logoff, his/her session does not “stops”. Although SDDM is again seen and another user can login, PID of the former session is still there and for the system the first user is still logged in.

Don’t understand why.

Thanks

I have seen this but only occasionally. Here it is usually after certain packages are installed like systemd or right after a fresh install and first package update. Then things settle down and all is OK. :slight_smile:

Edit: I have same kernel and here my system reboots or shuts down normally.

$ cat /etc/release
OpenMandriva Lx release 3.0 (Einsteinium) for x86_64
$ uname -a
Linux ben79-pc 4.10.1-desktop-1omv #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 2 23:22:23 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Here I have a laptop that used to shutdown with kernel 4.7.3 (and some even older). No other kernel since then allow me to shutdown properly.
I also have a desktop that never shutdown with Openmandriva, as far as I can remember. This desktop has a windows with dual boot that does shutdown as expected.

I have filed a bug on this and was told to update BIOS on both computers. As I have not updated the BIOS yet, I’m no longer posting at that bug. As soon as I’m no more afraid of losing my stuff, I’ll update BIOS’ and see what will happen.