It needs libcpuid.so.14.0.1

but openmandiva 42 provides : the 15 .

dnf list --installed | grep cpuid
lib64cpuid15.x86_64 0.5.0-1 @rock-x86_64

The error message:
########################################################
This application has raised an unexpected
error and must abort.
[60] Cannot find dynamic library ‘libcpuid.so.14.0.1’: libcpuid.so.14.0.1: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d’objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type.
MLibcpuid14.Main.80
########################################################

For non GTK/gnome sceptics: CPU-X works fine :slight_smile:

• OpenMandriva Lx version:

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…):
    kde

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):
    x86

1 Like

In the .spec file for i-nex there is:

BuildRequires: pkgconfig(libcpuid)

Perhaps that should also be a Requires. First I’ll try simply rebuilding the package to update dependencies and see if that corrects the issue. If not I can ask @AngryPenguin is we should add libcpuid as a requires.

Post-edit: None of the above fixes this package. I’ll ask developers on IRC.

" Cannot launch I-Nex 7.6.0-0~bzr1026~20200124~ubuntu16.04.1 · Issue #96 · i-nex/I-Nex · GitHub " This seems still not fixed for v. 7.6.1.

There is cpu-x available in OM Lx repos and it does work:

I tried to keep the i-nex package for OpenMandriva some time ago, but since the software started looking abandoned, I gave it up because it caused a lot of problems, especially with gambas … The application has not received a new release for several years, but also the activity of new commits stopped on 2019 so i think the app is abandoned and no one should try to use it.
As a replacement, I can recommend another package that I maintain: cpu-x - I think it’s a great replacement.

But if for some reasons you want i-nex then i think i can try fix it…

1 Like

Should be fixed in cooker.

1 Like

This post updated 2021-08-26 to reflect simplified instructions.

Thanks @AngryPenguin for fixing this. :smiley: Thanks to @remi75 for reporting issue. :grinning:

New packages i-nex-7.6.1-6 built for OM Lx 4.2 and Rolling/4.3. I did check this in Cooker, Rolling/4.3 and 4.2 and it works.

First you can erase any previous version:

$ sudo dnf erase i-nex

To install in OM Lx 4.2 x86_64 or OM Lx Rolling/4.3 system:

$ sudo dnf clean all ; sudo dnf install i-nex

Be forewarned on my test system for Rolling/4.3 this installed 242 packages on Lx 4.2 it installed 246 packages. Obviously this may vary depending on what user has installed on their system. My test systems are not much more that what is on our ISO/Live DVD. :wink:

Thank you, I have just made a test, it works fine .

Yes, me too, I am not a big fan of apps that need a trillion libs to run .

I may be wrong, but this app, can be stagnating because it relies deeply on many libs, like libcpuid …, so without updating the app, the app get “updated” when the Libs are updated … :slight_smile: : libs, a compiler (gcc+dev tools) the gambas SDK … and even rpm build tools !
wow

And really, I reported it, because it is a “Qt” app, but yet , yes, it pulls 153 packages ! installed they use 338 M disk space, that is a lot :slight_smile:

Thank you again

Maybe not exactly libcpuid but libcpuid-tools. To allow pull architecture compatible version.
New build for cooker is ready. Try it.

sudo dnf clean all ; sudo dnf install i-nex lib64cpuid15-0.5.1-1.x86_64 --enablerepo rolling-testing-x86_64-unsupported

Works thank you, libcpuid15 does have to installed manually ?

1 Like

There are new builds in progress that should fix that.

Edit: Post 6 above with the instructions is now a Work_In_Progress. Will update that post when work is complete and tested.

Post 6 above updated 2021-08-26 with simplified instructions.

:slight_smile:

sudo dnf erase i-nex lib64cpuid15-0.5.1-1.x86_64
sudo dnf clean all ; sudo dnf install i-nex --enablerepo rolling-testing-x86_64-unsupported

i-nex launches and runs fine,

Thank’s again !

1 Like

Thanks for the feed back @remi75 . Helps.

You should not need the testing repo now. I moved the i-nex packages to unsupported/release repository, aka the “regular” unsupported repo.

I confirm:
sudo dnf erase i-nex lib64cpuid15-0.5.1-1.x86_64
sudo dnf clean all ; sudo dnf install i-nex
i-nex works :slight_smile:

Thank you again guys !

1 Like