How to add supertux?

sudo dnf install supertux
OpenMandriva 4.0 - x86_64                                                                                910  B/s | 153  B     00:00    
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'openmandriva-x86_64'
OpenMandriva 4.0 - x86_64 - Updates                                                                      1.3 kB/s | 153  B     00:00    
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'updates-x86_64'
Ignoring repositories: openmandriva-x86_64, updates-x86_64
Last metadata expiration check: 0:04:25 ago on Sun 12 May 2019 04:23:31 PM CEST.
 Problem: cannot install the best candidate for the job
  - nothing provides libboost_filesystem.so.1.69.0()(64bit) needed by supertux-0.6.0-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libboost_locale.so.1.69.0()(64bit) needed by supertux-0.6.0-1.x86_64
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)

This means the package supertux is actually broken. Please fill a bug report about it.

Done: bug 2478

1 Like

And fixed…

2 Likes

did we use different repo? or i can not see it a difference?

sudo dnf clean all && dnf install supertux

You need refresh repo meta. Above command should help.

nice, its works, but you did not have sudo with installer, its that needed?

For ‘dnf install’ to work you need to be root (superuser). If you are in terminal as user then you use ‘sudo’ to issue a command as root. Same for most package management commands using dnf. You can use things like search and repolist that only list packages without sudo.

Post-edit: Hope this helps explain. If not ask again.

so its should be sudo dnf clean all && sudo dnf install supertux
or Sudo dnf clean && install supertux
?

Keep in mind users like me are learning dnf too. This is first OM release to use dnf. To my understanding it should be"

$ sudo dnf clean all && sudo dnf install supertux

We are all, I believe including developers, learning dnf at this point in time.

1 Like