Epson XP-352 doesn't print in wifi

Something went wrong removing and reinstalling cups-common.
As I wrote before “remove” involve several packages, “install” installed only cups-common.

$ systemctl status cups
Unit cups.service could not be found.

Giorgio when I said remove the printers I didn’t mean remove all the printer packages! I mean’t just the installed (if any) printers in cups!!
Please do this ‘sudo dnf install task-printing’ which will hopefully reinstall everything that’s needed.
Then make sure the cups service is running. If it’s not reboot the computer and check again it should then be running. If it’s not then run ‘systemctl enable cups’ then ‘systemctl start cups’ amd everything should be fine from then on. Please, please think ahead a bit more next time; if you are not sure about what someone wrote then ask them to explain. The fact that cups packages were going to be removed should have been a clue to you that you were doing something that didn’t seem to be right and that you needed to check what was meant.
Colin

I know :smile:.
The disaster happens trying to follow Rugyada hint see here

Wonderful!!
Task-printing did the task, reboot and all printing previously installed are restored complaining for a file. Installed manually Epson driver (that I used for all printers) reboot again and I have all printers.

Uh?
Not really…

See:

“cups-common-2.4.1-1.x86_64 is already installed”
:arrow_up:

If anyone suggests you to install a package and the package is already installed, then all you can do is to re-install it.
That’s all.

Anyway I found the origin of the problem: wrong IP.
In Networkmanager Epson printer has IP addresss 192.168.10.11 and ping with this IP works.
But the “correct” IP is 192.168.10.1. Using this IP printer works.

This what I tried, removing and reinstalling cups-common. May be is not the right way to re-install but it’s the only I know.

Information for users: You can just reinstall a package using reinstall rather than remove and install.

$ sudo dnf --refresh reinstall <package>

or a string of packages:

$ sudo dnf --refresh reinstall <package-1> <package-2> <package-3>

Thanks for detailed instructions but in my DnfDrake I don’t see the button “Reinstall”

Post Edit: now I see that in Extra I can “activate” the button.

Thanks. I didn’t know this possibility.

Tried again printer installation in systemsetting.
The printer is recognized (twice) but none of the two items works when installed.
The only way I found to install a working printer is using AppSocket/HP JetDirect and input manually the correct IP.