Dnfdragora 2.1.2-8 won't start

Uh, if I ask a developer to fix this they a going to say, “Fix what?”. Know this from experience.

Just a bit of explanation about this. This is a standard output that rpm does for some files where user has made changes to some configuration file. When the package in question gets upgraded then rpm generates a new file as somefile.conf.rpmnew and then the user needs to select whether to keep the new file or the original. But a lot of users don’t really read the dialog plus, IMO, the dialog is to long. Maybe to much information. A lot of us get caught by this including some of us that should know better. But the entire file is like this:

Configuration file '/etc/sddm.conf'
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 2908 Jul 14 09:15 /etc/sddm.conf.rpmnew
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1056 Nov 12 15:09 /etc/sddm.conf

==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      M     : merge configuration files
      Z     : background this process to examine the situation
      S     : skip this file
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** aliases (Y/I/N/O/D/M/Z/S) [default=N] ? 
Your choice:

As I said I believe there is to much information there. IMO the critical lines are these:

==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
The default action is to keep your current version.
*** aliases (Y/I/N/O/D/M/Z/S) [default=N] ?

The default action is the safe action. If you are doing this in Konsole (terminal) to use the default action you don’t need to type anything, just press enter. None the less I strongly encourage users to actually read each one of these dialogs. When I have been bit by this it was either me not reading or me overthinking.

FWIW: One group of files where you will see this dialog are these /etc/shadow, /etc/group, /etc/gshadow, and /etc/passwd. If you are upgrading an existing system you want to keep the old or existing files so pay attention. The /etc directory consists of configuration files if you are upgrading an existing system you almost always want to keep old or existing config files. Some matter little some a lot. The 4 I mention here matter a heck of a lot. They contain your password and user information if you lose these your are :boom: :cry:. (Actually this is recoverable with some work.)

And I really hope this info helps some or our users. I will make a separate post with the gist of this post and a descriptive title.

:thinking: