Discover/pkcon wants to update non-existant packages

cooker
omlx-4
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fb72297c558> #<Tag:0x00007fb72297c350>

(Ben Bullard) #1

This is the second time I have run in to this in Discover where it insists on wanting to update packages that aren’t in repos.

$ pkcon update
Getting updates [=========================]
Finished [=========================]
The following packages have to be updated:
lib64boost_date_time1.68.0-1.68.0-3.x86_64 Boost date_time shared library
lib64boost_filesystem1.68.0-1.68.0-3.x86_64 Boost filesystem shared library
lib64boost_iostreams1.68.0-1.68.0-3.x86_64 Boost iostreams shared library
lib64boost_locale1.68.0-1.68.0-3.x86_64 Boost locale shared library
lib64boost_system1.68.0-1.68.0-3.x86_64 Boost system shared library
lib64boost_thread1.68.0-1.68.0-3.x86_64 Boost thread shared library
Proceed with changes? [N/y]

At the moment there are two sets of lib64boost packages 1.68.0-2 and 1.69.0-1 and neither version matches the above output. I wonder where Discover gets the incorrect information and also how can I get it to see what is really in the repos? I have tried:

$ pkcon refresh update

and that does not help. I remember fixing this previously with a 3 word command but failed to write it on my cheat sheet.


(Ben Bullard) #2

I’m pretty sure that on this system ‘pkcon refresh’ isn’t working right on my desktop. I have 4 repositories enabled main, contrib, non-free, and restricted all ‘release’ and ‘pkcon refresh’ should look something like this for 4 repos:

$ pkcon refresh
Refreshing cache              [=========================]         
Downloading repository information[=========================]         
Loading cache                 [=========================]         
Downloading repository information[=========================]         
Loading cache                 [=========================]         
Downloading repository information[=========================]         
Loading cache                 [=========================]         
Querying                      [=========================]         
Loading cache                 [=========================]         
Finished                      [=========================]

Why do I say this? Based on fresh install in VBox with the same repos enabled as on my desktop. Instead ‘pkcon refresh’ on desktop looks like this and it finishes immediately which is not normal so I think it isn’t refreshing anything for some reason:

$ pkcon refresh
Refreshing cache              [=========================]         
Finished                      [=========================]

Something isn’t right. Who done it?


(Ben Bullard) #3

Well dunno who done it but this fixed it:

$ pkcon refresh force
Refreshing cache              [=========================]         
Downloading repository information[=========================]         
Loading cache                 [=========================]         
Downloading repository information[=========================]         
Loading cache                 [=========================]         
Downloading repository information[=========================]         
Loading cache                 [=========================]         
Downloading repository information[=========================]         
Loading cache                 [=========================]         
Finished                      [=========================]

And this time I put that on my cheat sheet.


(Ben Bullard) #4