Central topic for users having troubles with latest updates

I’m going to push few updates for this issue.

1 Like

Better to follow TPG’s lead on this issue than mine. He has superior knowledge on these issues.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing… I really feel you underestimate the problem… :slight_smile:

Peace!

devnullius

I am clueless as of how you are gonna fix it, but… thanks and god speed! :slight_smile:

Devvie

Latest log: Paste.ee - latest log [root@OpenMandriva3Lx dev]# urpmi --auto-update --test

Any progress? : )

I am not 100% sure, but I believe those were the errors I was seeing. I would try the following.

urpme kdepim-addons
urpmi task-plasma
urpmi --auto-update
urpmi kdepim-addons
urpmi --auto-update

I think this fixes the issue.

1 Like

I wouldn’t dare to do it… Last time I tried stuff like this, I fully fubared the GUI and was left with a command prompt… I’d rather have the OK-TO-GO from maintenance team : )

If others dare to try… Do let us know pretty please?

Devvie

Maybe you could send a personal message (via this forum ) to TPG. TPG is developer extraordinare and OpenMandriva Lx 3.02 Release Manager.

I have the same problem. Tried the icon, and tried in configure your computer, and nothing happens

Tried this and it made no difference, here are my specs.
dipstick-pc ~]$ inxi -F
System: Host: dipstick-pc Kernel: 4.6.5-desktop-2omv x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.6.5
Distro: OpenMandrivaLinux 3.0 Einsteinium
Machine: Mobo: MSI model: 970A-G46 (MS-7693) v: 2.0
Bios: American Megatrends v: V2.6 date: 10/08/2013
CPU: Quad core AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core (-HT-MCP-) cache: 8192 KB
clock speeds: max: 3100 MHz 1: 1400 MHz 2: 1400 MHz
3: 1400 MHz 4: 1400 MHz 5: 1400 MHz 6: 1400 MHz
7: 1400 MHz 8: 1400 MHz
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GT218 [GeForce 210]
Display Server: OpenMandriva X.org 118.4 driver: N/A
Resolution: 1280x768@59.87hz
GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on NVA8
GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 12.0.1
Audio: Card-1 NVIDIA High Definition Audio Controller
driver: snd_hda_intel
Card-2 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
driver: snd_hda_intel
Sound: ALSA v: k4.6.5-desktop-2omv
Network: Card-1: ADMtek NC100 Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100
driver: tulip
IF: enp3s6 state: down mac: 00:04:5a:74:44:04
Card-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
driver: r8169
IF: enp4s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full
mac: 44:8a:5b:5d:99:89
Drives: HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (3.8% used)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: Samsung_SSD_850 size: 500.1GB
ID-1: / size: 147G used: 6.2G (5%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda7
ID-2: swap-1 size: 12.83GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda6
RAID: No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 22.0C mobo: N/A gpu: 48.0
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info: Processes: 250 Uptime: 33 min Memory: 1222.3/11968.8MB
Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.27
[dipstick@dipstick-pc ~]$

Are you getting this error?

The following packages have to be removed for others to be upgraded:
kdepim-addons-16.04.3-1-omv2015.0.x86_64
(due to conflicts with messagelib-17.04.0-3-omv2015.0.x86_64)

The steps are to fix things when you are getting the above.

Having same problem with what? What did you install? If you install latest release here I suspect you won’t have problems with updating.

Edit: Lx 3.02 was released on June 21, 2017.

If you can’t install Lx 3.02 (by far fastest and easiest solution to update issue) could you provide more specific information? Please post output of each of the commands you have tried that don’t work. Posting only the commands with no output isn’t enough information for anyone to help.

Edit: If your computer is not English language for instance do like this"

# LC_ALL=C urpme kdepim-addons
# LC_ALL=C urpmi task-plasma
# LC_ALL=C urpmi --auto-update
# LC_ALL=C urpmi kdepim-addons

but do post all output. If output is to much for a forum post (more than say 20 lines) then please use pastebin, paste.ee, or similar.

Everyone using language other than English please preface commands with ‘# LC_ALL=C’ when publishing output. Like this:

This really helps other people to help you.

2 Likes

Upon advice from developer community I’m closing this thread. It has gotten to confusing to follow.

POSTEDIT: The fastest and easiest way to solve the update issue is simply to install the latest version Lx 3.02.

If anyone is still having a problem updating either start a new thread, and please do it with enough detailed information so someone can help. Not “urpmi --auto-update error why”. And if your computer isn’t English language please preface any commands in Konsole with ‘LC_ALL=C’ so output is understandable to our developers. If you aren’t sure how to provide enough detailed information so someone can help please read this.

Or even better file a bug report. Please do include output of omv-bug-report.sh. If unfamiliar with filing a bug report or you aren’t sure how to provide enough detailed information please read this and this. And if your computer isn’t English language please preface any commands in Konsole with ‘LC_ALL=C’ so output is understandable to our developers.

Thanks and apologies for any inconvenience. Doing the above really helps the small group trying to fix things and help others and is respectful of their limited time.

2 Likes

If there is any interest by users I can install Lx 3.01 in VirtualBox, update it and post how I did so in another thread.

1 Like

See this thread.