Can't open Install and Remove Software after enable testing repository

Hi.

When enable testing repository x64 and x86 I can’t open Install and Remove Software. I see new window with error message.

detecting looping forever while trying to resolve dependancies.
Aborting… Try again with ‘-vv --debug’ options at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/URPM/Resolve.pm line 1381.
Perl’s trace:
drakbug::bug_handler() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/URPM/Resolve.pm:1381
URPM::resolve_requested__no_suggests_() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/URPM/Resolve.pm:1264
URPM::resolve_requested__no_suggests() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/URPM/Resolve.pm:1196
URPM::resolve_requested() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/urpm/select.pm:427
urpm::select::_resolve_priority_upgrades() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/urpm/select.pm:415
urpm::select::resolve_priority_upgrades_after_auto_select() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/Rpmdrake/pkg.pm:393
Rpmdrake::pkg::get_updates_list() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/Rpmdrake/pkg.pm:509
Rpmdrake::pkg::get_pkgs() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/Rpmdrake/gui.pm:646
Rpmdrake::gui::pkgs_provider() called from /usr/libexec/drakrpm:824
main::ANON() called from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/rpmdrake.pm:425
rpmdrake::slow_func() called from /usr/libexec/drakrpm:824
main::run_treeview_dialog() called from /usr/libexec/drakrpm:867

I can install packages from testing repo via termial but not from GUI. Issue gone when disable testing repo.

(Ben Bullard) #2

So far I can not reproduce problem here. Could you post command used to add testing repos?

Added repo with this command:

urpmi.addmedia Main_Testing http://abf-downloads.openmandriva.org/3.0/repository/x86_64/main/testing/
urpmi.addmedia Main_Testing32 http://abf-downloads.openmandriva.org/3.0/repository/i586/main/testing/

I will try to reproduce the error on OMV in VirtualBox.

(Ben Bullard) #4

Don’t see anything wrong with that. You might try ‘urpmi --clean -a’ and also try with Main_Testing32 disabled.

This issue is not exist on fresh installation in VirtualBox.
On my main pc, “urpmi --clean -a” command not help, still have this issue. Remove this media and add fresh also not change anything.

(Ben Bullard) #6

One more possibility I can think of is to reinstall rpmdrake, urpmi, and perl-URPM with:

# urpmi --replacepkgs rpmdrake urpmi perl-URPM

otherwise we may need greater minds to resolve this one. Ummm… there were new urpmi packages released March 10 do you have those, but now I’m guessing.

Edit: Looking at the error it is refering to something version 5.20.3. That’s perl so maybe also:

# urpmi --replacepkgs perl lib64perl5.20

or some other package in perl with that version #?

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, both of the commands did not help. The error still occurs. It seems, that this is a problem related to only my installation. Due to the fact that it occurs only for me, and even on a fresh installation on VirtualBox. So I guess, fresh system install should fix it (I hope).

(rugyada) #8

It occurs also on a fresh installation on VirtualBox? :astonished:
Fresh install without touching anything at all (themes, icons, colors, etc.)?

OMG. Sorry, my mistake :slight_smile: It occurs only on my one installation. On fresh install inside VirtualBox all is fine. Just writing mistake. Sorry again.

(rugyada) #10

No problem.
No sorry :wink:

(rugyada) #11

Ok.
What if you try again with a new user?

-
Postedit
Maybe even better:

# urpmi xguest

logout
login with Guest Account

# rpmdrake

or

# mcc
Install & Remove Software

You should also be able to read in console the errors if any (or what it will complain about :slight_smile: )

Hi.
Sorry for delay.

1. When create new user - Install & Remove Software just freeze (at loading software list) without any issue.
  2. When install xguest and login on it… everything started working fine :slight_smile:
  3. Now I logged on my main account and the problem just disappeared.

So, looks like this topic can be closed. Thanks for help @ben79 and @rugyada :wink:

(rugyada) #13