Can't install packages in live-version of Lx 4.0

Hello,

• OpenMandriva Lx version: 4.0

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…): KDE

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):
    I’m using the live environment and try to install some programs, but it doesn’t work. First I used dnfdragora for that, but every time I get this popup saying something is not signed.
    Then I used dnf in terminal and now I get this when trying to install KDE’s Discover:

Package cross-aarch64-openmandriva-linux-gnu-binutils-2.32-2-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package dconf-0.32.0-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package discover-5.15.4-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package discover-backend-flatpak-5.15.4-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package discover-backend-fwupd-5.15.4-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package discover-backend-kns-5.15.4-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package discover-backend-packagekit-5.15.4-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package fwupd-1.2.7-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package glib-networking-2.60.1-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package gsettings-desktop-schemas-3.32.0-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package lib64dconf1-0.32.0-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package lib64fwupd2-1.2.7-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package lib64gcab1.0_0-1.2-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package lib64glib-networking-2.60.1-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package lib64smbios_c2-2.4.2-2-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package lib64xmlb1-0.1.7-1-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package glibc-2.29-2-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
Package libc6-2.29-2-omv4000.x86_64.rpm is not signed
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing ‘dnf clean packages’.
Error: GPG check FAILED

Did I miss something, do I need to do something before it works, or isn’t it working?
Who can help me?
Thanks.

EDIT:

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):
    I later saw this thread: update or distro-sync breaks dnf Can’t use links nor pictures so I had to type the link this way.
    Are we talking about the same thing? If so, sorry for having created a new thread.

Welcome @DeMus to the OpenMandriva forum.

No not same thing. That bug is about if user installs the Beta ISO that is on SourceForge and then updates their system it will break the package manager which is dnf.

To install packages in the live environment currently do so in terminal with:

$ sudo dnf install --nogpgcheck <name_of_package>

Package names do have to be exact.

The “rpm is not signed” issue is a know issue and developers are working to restore the gpg key as I write this. Don’t have an ETA for when to expect this to be fixed at this time.

Hope I have understood your question and answered it.

Thank you Ben. I will do just that. Want to see what OM can do (and what not) before I install it on my hard disk. I guess the installed version has the same problem right now?

Right now don’t install OM Lx 4 unless you are willing to use it without updating. Or If you are an advanced enough user and can deal with some problems yourself you can try this. (If you choose to use that ISO read the entire thread first.)

The issues we have go back to an unfortunate server crash in our build system and developers are aware and are working on these as I write. Basically we need to recover our gpg key, do a mass refuild (automatic rebuild of all packages), fix any problems mass rebuild uncovers, produce an ISO which we will test internally, and either that is OK or if not we will fix any issues we can fix and do our next release. Then it should be OK for users to install and update and all other things we normally do. This will take some days and we will report in this forum when we have an ETA for our next ISO’s.

Hope this answers any questions you have, if not keep asking until we do.

Post-edit: @DeMus because of these issues it is possible that some packages won’t install or work properly at this time and until we get this all sorted out. The sorting out will take a few days at best.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to our users.

Moving thread to Development Testing.

At the moment our build service ABF is down so nothing that involves packages is going to work until what ever developers are working on gets done. And it may change/fix some of what was said above.