Broken x11 package?

It is really weird! After rebooting, I could launch drakconf again but crashed after I try to manage packages,

$ drakconf
Subroutine Gtk3::main redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.3/Gtk3.pm line 525.
“/usr/sbin/mdkapplet-config” is not executable [Updates Configuration] at /usr/libexec/drakconf line 827.
“/usr/sbin/drakmenustyle” is not executable [Menus] at /usr/libexec/drakconf line 827.
“/usr/sbin/false” is not executable [Logs] at /usr/libexec/drakconf line 827.
“/usr/sbin/drakbackup” is not executable [Backups] at /usr/libexec/drakconf line 827.
“/usr/sbin/drakvirt” is not executable [Virtualization] at /usr/libexec/drakconf line 827.
“/usr/sbin/msecgui” is not executable [Security Level] at /usr/libexec/drakconf line 827.
“/usr/sbin/tomoyo-gui” is not executable [Tomoyo Policy] at /usr/libexec/drakconf line 827.
“/usr/sbin/drakguard” is not executable [Parental Controls] at /usr/libexec/drakconf line 827.
No protocol specified
Cannot be run in console mode.
GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1108 was not found when attempting to remove it at /usr/libexec/drakconf line 1055.
No protocol specified
Cannot be run in console mode.
GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1580 was not found when attempting to remove it at /usr/libexec/drakconf line 1055.

I still cannot launch drakconf. Digging around I’ve found the mageia bug 3782 that relates the problem to a change in the hostname and, yes, the hostname here has changed! As in the bug 3782, I don’t know where and how this change happened!

This is the bug link,

https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3782

It is confirmed! drakconf launching problem is related to changes in the hostname. After changing the hostname again to the default one, drakconf can be launched again.

There is a bug I file on it: 1872.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your investigation @adelson.oliveira :slight_smile: Would you be interested to join QA team btw? People like you are gold…

I’m afraid I can’t. I use to read new messages in this forum in a daily basis mainly looking for tips/experience that helps me working with this distribution. Occasionally I feel I can help somebody else and in these cases I try to share my own experience. But I cannot have a commitment …

Thanks for the invitation.

1 Like

In a post above, I said that after installation of nvidia, sddm stopped to work. I did something wrong in fact.

This is a nvidia optimus laptop. It has an intel graphic card (the main graphical support) and a nvidia graphical card for gpu demanding applications.

Probably, the point is that after installation of nvidia drivers, intel graphics was set apart and the graphical support was off. Whatever the proper explanation to the problem, I solve it calling XFdrake to reconfigure the intel graphic card and marking it to start at boot.