Automount partition at boot

— Comment #5 from Andrius Štikonas —

No, it’s definitely fine to report other distros. Don’t pay too much attention
to that distro combobox, it’s just distro that initial reported used but
clearly this bug is not distro specific.

Andrius is the package maintainer for KDE Partition Manager. I speculate the bug occurred when this happened. To give perspective that was over a year ago. Not all bugs are fixed rapidly even in organizations like KDE with all the developers they have. Organizations like KDE, openSUSE, and Fedora all have some bugs in existence for over a year or multiple years. So do Windows and Apple.

I keep trying to explain this. If we could fix all bugs quickly we would have already done so. Why wouldn’t we? :thinking:

1 Like

Hiya ben
Just to say I cheat MERCILESSLY, as i keep a copy of fstab on another volume, so if I have to reimage the root drive I just copy the uuid entry to the backup file, and as the rest stays the same I have a working fstab up and running in no time ( after putting in the mount points into the root partition…then it just a case of reinstalling the software used on the panel…so watchword for me is BACK IT UP or loose it.Copy the altered backup with the new UUID to /etc/fstab and away we go !!!

1 Like