A nitro-wallpaper

Doh !!!Lil-Homer

I’m also looking for good ideas on wallpaper, can someone suggest me some ideas?

1 Like

Welcome @colordavid to OpenMandriva forum. Unfortunately your 1st post got hung up in the system for “typing to fast”. I’m not kidding. Never saw that one before.

:monkey_face:

This thread was I think created for discussion on next OMLx 4.0 wallpapers-extra content,.

The new Release will be called OM Lx 4.0 it will be code named Nitrogen. So one of the first things that came out was @jimmyc’s nitro ball you can see that above in this thread. I’m not an artistic type so will leave the ideas mostly to others. Somewhere @rugyada has some fine looking LX 4.0 artwork too and hers will likely be a comprehensive package not wallpaper only. @rugyada is who can help you out with how to do artwork for everything not just wallpaper.

One suggestion for all artists is we need artwork for everything (not just wallpaper) to put in our gallery or to enter into the contest for “Official” artwork for OM Lx 4.0 "Nitrogen’ Release.

:monkey:

1 Like

This photo was taken from my parents place here in Maquapit Lake, New Brunswick, Canada. You can absolutely use this picture if you would like. I thought the mirror of the lake reflecting the sky and the landscape would be quite stunning as a background.

2 Likes

The same wallpaper with the logo inserted. My first attempt (not bad but I have a lot to learn).

1 Like

Your Maquapit Lake + logo (download here) white and moved.

2 Likes

Many thanks for editing that! I noticed my mistake when I tried to use it.

I’ve also downloaded the logos available at the link you graciously provided. I think the next time I’m going to make a background, I’m gonna have to try it out first before uploading. Have also now installed GIMP (I know how to use it more than I know Krita).

1 Like

what kind of art work ? for applications , system setting , what ?

Artwork for a release is more than wallpaper it needs to be a package including artwork for Grub2 menu, SDDM login screen, splash screen (for while Plasma5 is logging in) and wallpaper. There may be more, @rugyada would know. Maybe there needs to also be artwork for openbox login screen for LXQt only ISO.

This is part of “branding” for a Linux release.

Post-edit: There are plans to also have an officially supported Lumina desktop so that may also have some different requirements. A little more about Lumina in wikipedia.

edited the files for Grub2 , SDDM and Plasma to show my Nitro wallpaper images .
now that I know how to do it , I will attempt it on openbox .

Do I need more for a wallpaper like this?

how does one submit artwork into the gallery , it’s closed to submission , I have an account there , but there is
no way to submit anything. also " what contest " I have not seen any mention of it.
can you enlighten me .

https://forum3.openmandriva.org/t/looking-for-omlx-4-0-wallpapers-extra-theme/1913

We’ll upload there the images submitted by users fitting the theme.

I’m not an artist not on the Artwork team so I’m the wrong person to ask.

I don’t know. I am surprised that it is closed to submission I would think that an organization in such desperate need for contributors would have it open for submissions. Obviously I thought it was as you can see from my post. Guess I was wrong. :frowning:

Post-edit: I guess the Gallery is intended only for “Official” artwork or artwork that was in contests or something like that. I think that is daft. Seems to me we ought to have a section for Community users to submit artwork for the Community’s use. Or a separate gallery for Community art, especially given that we now have interest in this.

There isn’t yet a contest it is in discussion stage here. But in past we’ve always had a contest to select the default artwork for major new releases. ie. for 2013, 2014, and Lx 3 and next for Lx 4.

See this and by all means weigh in if you have an opinion or wish to participate.

You can also find more wallpapers here:https://colorwallpaper.net/

But, but, but, that’s all wallpaper for smartphones, for android or iphones.

:confused:

@ve9cbc I wish to take your picture, rework a little bit and upload to Gallery.

Guess I’m going to take also from @jimmyc 's images one more, that he published here somewhere, and I liked. Just need to find it =)

@ve9cbc which one ?? what was on it ?